As some of you know, I just returned from a great holiday in Vietnam (highly recommended!). When planning my trip – and during my travels – I did not want to waste a moment of precious leisure time. So, I relied on the reviews of others.
I’m sure I’m not the only one who makes decisions based on other people’s experiences. Does this sound familiar?
- You ask friends on Facebook to suggest their favourite destinations.
- You discover the most popular attractions and tours on TripAdvisor.
- You book accommodation based on other people’s comments on Airbnb.
- You buy a traveller’s backpack from a reputable top-rated seller on eBay.
- You scope out your private driver via Uber before your airport pick up.
- You scope out the coolest restaurants, bars and cafes via Urbanspoon.
As a business owner, it pays more than ever to research what tools (other than your website) customers are using to find information about you – and get involved. Showcase testimonials, promote case studies, ask for endorsements and encourage customers to share stories on external sites.
Regardless what industry your business is in, social proof will get more people through the door.
‘Till next time…
Best wishes, Natalie and the Avion team.
Content tips & tricks
By Jason Falls, thismoment.com
Try to consider these tips that will help you create engaging content and take your content to a new level.
By Isla McKetta, moz.com
If you’re a writer or content marketer you should be harnessing the illustrative power of words to occupy your readers’ minds and keep them interested until they’re ready to convert. Here’s how to make your words work for you.
By Herbert Lui, lifehacker.com
Writing starts way before you put letters to a page. It involves processes like critical thinking, communication, and creativity. Here’s how you can apply the principles of writing to many facets of your day-to-day life.