2019 has been a remarkable year for many reasons. I took three months off work (spent beachside in Mexico), then decided it was time to pack up my life and expand Avion into the USA!
Getting to this point wasn’t easy. I’ve fretted non-stop about the big move and have forgotten to appreciate things along the way (sorry peers, friends and family!). Avion has also experienced a number of changes this year, which has felt like a roller coaster of events.
In saying that, I feel confident that Avion is ready for 2020. While you’ll no longer see me in the Melbourne office, the team is well prepared to thrive.
I’d like to give a shout out to two very special employees:
- Rhys Martin – who celebrates three years with us at Avion. Progressing from intern to Head of Delivery, he’s now absolutely integral to the team. Knowing he’s on deck gives me confidence jetting overseas – thank you Rhys!
- Alexandra (Ally) Hallam – who celebrates five years with Avion, but will be sadly finishing up with us this year. From my first employee to Strategy Lead and Operations Manager, Ally has been my sidekick through it all. She’s now an incredible mum to beautiful baby Josie, and we support her choice to pursue work that’s closer to home.
Memorable moments from 2019
- We secured work with our first USA clients! First cab off the rank was an incredibly exciting copywriting project for an organisation dedicated to shaping Texas’ MedTech industry.
- The Avion team went to Bali for strategy planning! While it wasn’t ideal that Claire got her passport stolen three days before our flight, the trip was a success.
- I got engaged! (Because I thought 2020 wouldn’t be busy enough…).
Another decade of business… here we come!
Much love from Natalie and the Avion team
CONTENT TIPS & TRICKS
By Lisa Marie Segarra, Fortune
Spotify’s Wrapped campaign is sealing off the decade with outstanding personalisation game. The campaign showcases what users have listened to throughout the decade, with personalised and shareable Insta-worthy data about songs, genres, streaming habits and more. Read more to learn about the Wrapped craze!
By Claire Moyna, Mumbrella
With the surge of Tik Tok and bite-sized content, it would seem that long-form video content is dead, right? Think again. Clare Moyna explains how long-form video content can help brands reinvigorate their messaging and create stronger connections with audiences.
By Sophie Meixner, ABC News
Are the days of grammatical correctness over? Founder of the Apostrophe Protection Society, John Richards, seems to think so. Read about the plight of this former editor’s mission to correct widespread ‘apostrophe abuse’ and why he’s finally giving up.
Paige Murphy, AdNews
Getting into the festive spirit, Aldi tugs on the heart strings this year with their ‘Miracle Ham’ campaign, telling the story of a lonely lady’s quest to feed her entire village with her never-ending ham. The campaign really captures the Australian sharing spirit and is by far our favourite campaign of the holiday season!